- 2 lbs. striped bass fillets
- 3 cups Dijon mustard or a good prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot Sauce(tabasco, Lousianana, ect.)
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned coating mix(cornmeal seasoned
- favorite frying oil
In small mixing bowl, combine mustard, water, juice,
Worcestershire sauce and 2-3 good shakes of the hot sause.
Place the coating mix in shallow dish. Dip the filets in mustard
mixture and then dredge in the coating mix until lightly covered.
In your skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil over medium heat. Fry the filets
three to four minutes or until golden brown.
Drain on plate lined with a paper towel.
Serves well with a pile of french fried potatoes or a good heaping
serving of potato salad, a bowl of pinto beans and a bottle or two of